Thursday, May 18, 2017

English - daily conversation

1. At home
- Where is Jane?
- She is in the living room
- What is she doing?
- She is playing the piano
- Where is the car?
- It is in the garafe
- Where is the dog?
- The dog is in front of the door
- What is the dog doing?
- The dog is eating

2. At home
- Where you are?
- I am in the kitchen
- What are you doing?
- I am cooking dinner
- Where are Bill and Mary?
- They are in the living room
- What are they doing?
- They are watching TV
- Where is the cat?
- She is in the dining room
- What is she doing?
- She is sleeping

3. My favorite photographs
- Who is she?
- She is my sister
- What's her name?
- Her name is Jennifer
- Where is she in this photograp?
- She's in Toronto
- What is that biulding behind her?
- She's standing in front of the CN tower

4. Location
- Where is the school?
- It's between the library and the park
- Where is the post office?
- It's cross from the movie theater
- Where is the royal bank?
- It's next to the supermarket
- Where is the gas station?
- It's around the corner from the church
- Where is the barbershop?
- It's near the bus station

5. Location
- Excuse me? Can you tell me the way to the nearest bank?
- Yes, it's on Geneva Street. As a master of fact, I am going that way myself. So if you come with,  i will show you.
- Thanks very much
- You are welcome

6. Color
- May I help you?
- Yes, please. I am looking for an umbrella
- What's your favorite color?
- It's black
- Sorry, we have no black umbrella right now. Here is a nice umbrella
- But this umbrella is yellow
- That's OK. yellow umbrellas are very popular this year

7. Color
- Excuse me? Is this your umbrella?
- No. It's not
- Are you sure?
- Yes, I am sure. That umbrella is brown, and my umbrella is yellow.

8. No question
- Are you married?
- No, I'm not. I'm single
- Tell me about your new car. Is it large?
- No, it's not. It is small
- Tell me about the question in your English book? Are they difficult?
- No, they are not. They are easy
- Tell me about your new neighbors? Are they quiet?
- No, they are not. They are noisy

9. Short answer
- Is Alice young or old?
- She is young
- Is Bill tall or short?
- He is short
- Is Albert's apartment big or little?
- It's small
- Were the last examination easy or dificult?
- They were difficult
- Is Julie married or single?
- She is single

10. Telephone call
- Hello Jack. This is Dave. I want to return the book I borrowed from you last night. Will you be at home at about six o'clock?
- Yes, I will. I will be cooking dinner
- Oh, well. Then I won't come over at six
- Why not?
- I don't want to disturb you
- Don't worry! you won't disturb me
- OK, I will see you at six





No comments:

Post a Comment